This is just a short review of my wireless keyboard and mouse I am using for my home theater. I ended up getting the Logitech Wave Pro.
Overall, I love it. It serves the primary purpose of removing the tether to the media center PC. I can stash the keyboard next to the couch or in the coffee table drawer. While I don’t type at it for long periods of time, I’ve already used many times. For instance, prior to the Super Bowl, we surfed through some of the banned commercials while kicking back with some Buffalo wings and beer. (The PETA ad has become quite famous already)
Some additional things that I really like about this model are:
- Adjustable mouse precision
- Mouse feel, weight, programmable keys
- Mouse doesn’t need mouse pad (works right on the couch)
- Battery life is excellent which you can switch off, and it has an LED indicator
- Programmable keys work nicely like the rest of Logitech’s products
- Keyboard is fairly thin and has a nice hand rest
- Wireless works well with the USB dongle in the rear of PC and there is no lag time
However, there is one nuance I would be amiss to not mention here since I pained so much over my choice. The “wave” of the keyboard is annoying like I find on all non-standard ergonomic keyboards. I don’t type on it for long periods of time to get used to it, but it is sufficient for my needs. It works fine for gaming, but maybe not your uber-gamer who is better off at a desk anyway. The Microsoft keyboard may have been better in this respect, but it more expensive and hard to find.